Nuffnang Ads

Weelovefood

Monday, December 17, 2012

Ootoya, an all time favourite!

If you haven't been there yet, I beseech you to. It has always been consistent, and who doesn't love fresh and delicious Jap food? UOB cards got 15% discount somemore. Cannot don't go!

This time I was at the Clementi branch with mum and sis, and tried a few new items. Boy, it certainly was a wonderful adventure for our taste buds!

1) Buta Shio Koji - Grilled pork loin with shio koji sauce

The enticing name begged the dish to be ordered, which I did, much to our delight! Imagine grilled thick chunks of firm pork, with interlayers of melting fats, and the crunch due to the slight charring as the meat enters your mouth.... Shiok ahhhhhh.

2) Potatoe croquette - my sister insisted on having this as a her main, were we glad she did! I expected nothing out of the ordinary but it was wonderfully fried, with a very crispy outer skin. Inside were chunks of soft potato, both chunky and mashed, mixed with minced pork. The textures had such good chemistry, and when drizzled with a sweet sauce, you just can't go wrong.

3) Hokke Yuan - grilled Aka mackerel fillet. So fresh, so good. No complaints from me, as the fish was firm and tender, with a fatty skin. Just the way I like it. Sis found it full of bones, to which I said "Just be careful, if not I eat for you". Win-win situation.... right? :p

4) And finally, desserts. Anmitsu maccha and Maccha mousse. These are, once again, perfect for green tea lovers. Light and fragrant, they were a good way to end the meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment